Friday, January 13, 2006

Year of the dog on the way!

Happy new year! All the best for 2006! May your goals be realised and all your wildest fantasies come true :p

Wow, it's been like a month since I was last here posting anything...

Our Xmas company lunch was on 15 Dec at CTFM (Cape Town Fish Market) Steenberg. Quite possibly the best CTFM I've been to so far. The sushi I had was excellant! I haven't eaten so much sushi (and so delicious) before in my life! Will post a pic when I get the chance...

The holiday was good, though short, since our company closed from 16 Dec to 4 Jan. I was back at work on 5 Jan.

During the holiday, there was a fair bit of recreational poker, but it's become apparent to me that this game is as much about luck as it is about skill. If your luck sucks there is nothing you can do to win sometimes!

New Years eve was spent in Scarborough at a friend's house where his parents were having a party. So it was a chilled evening with a gorgeous view of the sea (and everything below) and great food and good company! Early hours of the morning were spent playing a game of Risk which didn't want to end! It reminded me of why I had at one point developed a very strong aversion to the game :

A bunch of us slept over, and an excellant breakfast was cooked up by our hosts! Bacon, eggs and toast; hmm... making me hungry just thinking about it!

I bought running shoes before Xmas (Asics GT-2100's). They set me back R799 ($132). I see the same pair in the states retails between $50 and $90. I've only been on a couple of runs so far (the wind has been crazy in Cape Town) but plan on starting an beginners running programme very soon!

Right now, most of the family is in Stilbaai (3.5 hrs outside of Cape Town) in dad's holiday house. I might join them this weekend, but it's looking less and less likely...

Work looks set to be busy this year, with 2 new projects and talk of possible overtime in the near future. Let's see if I can put my B.Tech degree to good use! The first project I am working on involves liasing with our CEO on a regular basis. It's a small project, but it's cool that so far it looks like she's making me the technical lead on the project. I'll have to start getting into a good pattern of sleep so that I can come to work with a well rested brain... I just don't seem to be one of those people that can sacrifice on sleep and still perform...

Cheers for now!

No comments: